The Ultimate in Luxury Loft Living
Bright and sunny loft space in approx. 2400 sf of interior living space + over 1100 sf of deeded outdoor space on 2 decks at Laconia Lofts with its in-house art gallery in the heart of the South End Arts District. Previously featured on the cover of the Boston Globe Magazine,this custom-designed loft includes 2 deeded deck areas and garage parking. Check out the article at: Globe Magazine Article
Be a part of a highly regarded loft condominium in Boston's South End Loft District!
Visit: www.LaconiaGallery.org and www.LaconiaLofts.com (VISITORS section) for more info on the building.
· 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, with potential to add large 2nd bedroom (plans in-hand)
· 19 foot ceilings and 12 foot windows with sunny southwestern exposure
· Gourmet kitchen: Sub-Z, Dynasty Range w/wok, Bosch, Custom Cabinetry
· Year-round independent control of heating/cooling
· Wood burning fireplace
· Full Maytag laundry in unit - exhaust vented to outside
· Gas cooking vented to outside
· Vantage lighting control system
· Low voltage wiring throughout loft allows for future expansion and customization
·Laconia Lofts Building New in 2000
· 99 unit professionally managed building
· Elevator building including loading dock
· Artist oriented building with in-house gallery
· Close to South End restaurants and shopping
· Across from Peters Park, with its dog walk, tennis, and playground
· Silverline T access runs directly in front of building
· Garage bicycle parking
· Financially secure condo association
|Outdoor Space: 2 decks, one with 300 gallon hot tub|
- 1 deeded garage parking space included
- 2nd garage space OR storage area available for $69K additional
|Size: 2400 sf +/-|
Condo Fee: $655 monthly (includes gas for heating, water, and hot water)
Taxes: $805 monthly (FY 2006)
For more information, please call James Jones at 617-308-0456 or email: James@BostonLoft.com
Laconia Lofts was constructed in 2000. There are 99 loft-style condominiums in the building.
Five banks of massive 12 foot windows enhance the open feeling of this loft space. At 19 feet, these are some of the highest ceilings in the Boston area.
With a southwestern exposure, the loft is bathed in a warm natural light for most of the day. The windows are treated with a ceramic solar film to nearly eliminate infrared and ultraviolet light penetration.
A custom-built dual spiral staircase leads from the main living level to the bedroom and master bath on the mezzanine, and then up to the 1000sf privately deeded roofdeck above the loft. For context, the art work to the left of the staircase is 10 feet high and 8 feet wide.
The master bedroom area.
The oversized master bathroom features a large dual shower with a high volume shower-head. Special extra-wide piping was installed to deliver high volume shower output.
The 1000 sf roofdeck boasts high quality architectural roof pavers, downtown views, and hookups for water, hot water, electricity, and data communications.
A 4-6 person, 300 gallon hot tub is located in a private corner of the roof deck.
Heading back down to the lower living area. The staircases feature stainless steel banisters.
The large custom built rollable concrete table can seat up to 12 people and is located (currently) near the kitchen. The table is included in the sale of the loft.
A gas-fired Dynasty range with professional Wok complements the custom-built maple cabinets by Kochman, Reidt, and Haighe. Counters are poured and colored concrete.
A built-in Sub-Zero refrigerator.
The lower level bathroom and its custom-built aluminum grate counter, mirror, and translucent tile shower.
Off the west end of the lower living area, the second deck has a great sunny exposure and Back Bay views.
Looking back across the lower level deck to the entry door.
Sixteen foot high ultra-suede draperies glide across the loft on industrial rollers to control sun penetration as needed.
A full-sized garage parking space, accessible via elevator, is included in the sales price.
An optional deeded storage area, totalling approximately 200 square feet (the size of a standard parking space), is optionally available for $69,000. There is a possibility that this space can be swapped with another regular parking space if desired.
Additional Building Photos
The Laconia Lofts common area: Harrison Street Lobby.
The Harrison Street Lobby is adjacent to the in-house gallery, where artwork is on display from the collections of an in-house set of artist residents.